Hi there! I’m Alex Weinstein, I’m a passionate entrepreneur, engineer, and marketer. I’m currently the Chief Digital Officer for Hungryroot, an AI-powered grocery service. I oversee product management, engineering, data science, and performance marketing disciplines. My focus is on deepening the company’s data-driven understanding of customer’s grocery preferences.
Additionally, I’m an advisor and a board member for several growth-stage startups. I help each team accelerate their scale-out: marketing measurement and ROI, product org design, engineering roadmap and processes, sales + marketing processes and systems, and hiring. Some of my engagements included:
- Physical retailer with a powerful digital footprint. Growth org design to develop a world-class digital acquisition capability. Template for interop between product and marketing. Assessment of potential leaders for the new organization.
- D2C beauty e-tailer. LTV and CAC frameworks, channel investment prioritization. Agency vs in-house evaluation. Coaching for the newly hired head of growth.
- B2B software marketplace. Strategy development for market expansion. Coaching for commercial org leaders. Marketing ROAS framework.
- B2C ecommerce company. Evaluation of current org capabilities. Strategy development to accelerate growth. Marketing/finance interop model.
- B2B agriculture tech company. Strategy development to accelerate growth. Interop between marketing/product and marketing/sales. Org design.
- Health and beauty services company. Digital presence strategy, growth investment plan, CRM system design for online + offline usage.
- Financial services marketplace. Strategy development, pricing. Growth marketing tactics.
From 2017 to 2021, I’ve been the SVP of Growth at Grubhub, the nation’s leader in food delivery. My team was responsible for profitably growing the $9B/year-GMV marketplace in a highly competitive industry. According to Forbes, Grubhub was the fastest-growing public tech company for 3 years in a row. With a $300M+/year marketing budget, while remaining the only profitable company in this space, we grew the marketplace by over 2x during my tenure, culminating in a $7.3B acquisition by JustEat.
Previously, I served as the Director of Marketing Technologies at eBay, driving billions of dollars in incremental transactions for one of the world’s largest marketplaces using machine learning for marketing and CRM.
In the past, I was the head of product development at Wetpaint, a technology platform company that developed big data tools for media publishers to understand and delight audiences. Previously, I co-founded and sold a tech startup, led teams at Microsoft, and wrote code at Symantec. I hold a Computer Science degree from UCLA.
If you’d like to get in touch, send me a note at [alex94040 AT gmail DOT com].